Monday 8 February 2010

School Magazine Blog

The front cover of my school magazine has undergone a long process of devolpment. Below is the final stage of devolopment my magazine has undergone. Throughout this post I will analyse the decisions I have made during the process of producing my front cover.




















The decision to use the final picture is because it meets the criteria of the task well, and because it is colourful and eye catching. The way the girl in the picture is dressed, and the art work behind her make the school and the magazine look appealing. I also feel that the target audience will feel they are able to address themselves with the picture as it represent and reflects them well. The reason for this is because the girl in the picture is reading a sixth-form options booklet, making her decisions as to what she wants to do for her A-levels. This is a dilemma that would be facing the audience of the magazine.

The audience my magazine is aimed at is first year sixth-formers in my school, Emrys ap Iwan. The colours scheme I have decided to use for my magazine is purple and green. The connotation behind this decision is that these are the school colours, so students will immediately know this magazine is related to their school.

The tagline I have decided on using for magazine, "Your guide to sixth-form life", is straight forward and simple to understand. It gives the right message for what my magazine is about.




















The way the contents page is set out is simple but eye-catching. I have again used the conventional colours of my school. The title "Contents" is at the top of the page in a large font so it is obvious where the reader is in my magazine. The stories used are all relevant to what the magazine is about. I have used pictures that are applicable to the stories featured in my magazine and the pictures promote the school positively.

The editors note is used to make it clear to reader what they are reading about, and to make the reader feel they are involved with the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment